Monday, March 18, 2019

Turkey in the Straw


It was yesterday afternoon on March seventeen,
When I heard a sound coming from down the street.
I had not heard this sound in quite a while,
But you could faintly hear it for many a mile.

What do I speaketh of and what do I mean?
A little white truck with a music machine.
Usually painted white and annoying to some,
But out of the homes and yards, the children all come.

It's the ice cream truck, loaded with yummy treats,
It's the ice cream truck, many streets it has beat,
It's the ice cream truck, the prices kind of high,
It's the ice cream truck, hurry or it'll pass you by!

I cannot believe the ice cream truck was out and about in our neighborhood yesterday! I guess you could say it's a pretty good gig for approximately eight months out of the year. Hmmm?! Maybe this is something I can do when I retire?! I don't know though, driving 10 mph all day long would be utter pandemonium! I'm being serious too! But, if I could, I would have a beefed-up ice cream truck painted bright and colorful, not sketchy white! Wouldn't that lure the children in?

The song it was playing was Turkey in the Straw. Can you name at least three other songs the ice cream truck usually plays?




4 comments:

  1. Hahaha the thought of you driving 10 mph made me chuckle loudly! Growing up in the country, I never really experienced an ice cream truck, only in TV shows and movies. I always think of them playing Pop Goes the Weasel. Do they actually or is that just in movies??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they play that one, the Entertainer, and many others!! LOL I grew up in the country as well. I don't think they had an ice cream truck when I was a kid...maybe they did and I was highly sheltered from it!! LOL

      Delete
  2. What treat do you get at the ice cream truck? I heard its tune this week as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a nerd and don't float out of my comfort zone much, so it is usually a bomb pop or an ice cream sandwich!! LOL

      Delete