Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Hawksbill Crag

If you're thinking about going on a hiking trip and you don't want to go too far away from home, look no further than the Buffalo National River area.  It is about a 3-hour drive, but it is a beautiful drive, especially if you take the route through War Eagle and check out the old mill and all it has to offer.

We stayed in Jasper, Arkansas because there is a restaurant where we could eat breakfast, lunch, and supper!  We have also stayed in an AirBnB where we took our own food and cooked all of our meals in the kitchen of the house we rented.  It is whatever floats your boat!  There are motels and gas and a DG in Jasper.  If you need a nearby Walmart, I'd suggest staying in Harrison and driving the thirty minutes each day you're hiking it would take you to get to any of the trailheads.  Jasper, it was a cute little town with character and charm though!

The first time I went, I took my daughter Hannah and my grandson Beau with me.  We got back home after our bike hiking excursion and showed our pictures to Nick, her fiance', and he couldn't wait to go so we planned another trip to the crag with Nicholas.  We really can't wait to go back.  I'm taking my husband next time as he wants to go too!  We left many trails untouched such as the Goat Trail and some we've done twice like the Hilltop.  Our favorite trail is the Hawksbill Crag at Whitaker's Point.  Once you reach the point, there is no view like it, it takes your breath away. 


Here is a picture of Hannah, Nick and Beau on Hawksbill Crag!



No comments:

Post a Comment