Saturday, March 9, 2019

To Cruise or not to Cruise...that's the Question!

I have never been on a cruise.  I sort of feel like I'm the only one left in the world that hasn't been on one!  Am I missing out?  I don't know.  I have always wanted to go on a cruise, but I am nervous that I will be sick the entire trip.  That doesn't sound fun at all!  I never used to get sick on airplanes, trains, amusement park rides or even heights, but since I've had kids...I get sick.  I guess they threw my equilibrium off or something!   That's my story anyway...and I'm sticking to it!!  I know there are pills and patches for motion-sickness, but I am still afraid that those aren't going to work and there I'd be, sicker than a dog.

Cruising seems so fun and takes me back to watching television with the family back in the late 70s and 80s.  We had our favorite shows to watch and one of them was The Love Boat.  How I loved Captain Merrill Stubing and Isaac Washington and the rest of the cast.  Someone was always going to fall in love on the "love" boat.  I particularly enjoyed the movie stars they would incorporate into the show.  It was always fun to see them in a different role.  Ever since I fell in "love" watching The Love Boat, I have wanted to board a big cruise ship as well.  I just can't imagine how majestic the cruise ship must be sitting at port, slowly bobbing up and down in the water, waiting for the passengers to board.  I think I would feel like Rose DeWitt Bukater, AKA Rose Dawson boarding the Titanic!

One of these days, I will get over my fear of getting sick on board a cruise ship...or will I?





2 comments:

  1. I haven't been on one either! I have heard that they are so much fun and for a great price. I have never had an issue with being car sick, sea sick, or any of that so I think I would be fine. My friends and I have looked into going on a cruise for a girls trip sometime! If we go, I'll let you know my thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been on one either. I do worry about getting ill, but not for me, for my husband or daughter. According to Abbi Sinclair, they are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete