Monday, March 25, 2019

Grab Your Torch and Pitchfork

This is the time of year that I love to do yard work.  Raking under trees, around the foundation of the house, and even around the carport makes a huge difference.  I noticed the other day that the grass was growing like crazy and it is starting to look like a jungle out there!!  I threw our old mower away and need to go get a new one so I had better get on the stick and get one purchased or it's going to be "Houston, we've got a problem!"

One thing I really love about yard work is burning the dead leaves, sticks, and grass.  I love to throw on a few logs that we didn't burn in the fireplace during winter and have a wiener roast AND fix s'mores!  The kids usually invite their friends over and we sit around the fire enjoying one another's company until the fire dies down and it's time to call it a night.  One time my son even broke out the ukelele and we all sang.

I better grab the torch, light the fire, and load up the pitchfork with wieners because this girl is craving hotdogs and s'mores and this beautiful early spring weather is perfect for just that!




No comments:

Post a Comment