Friday, March 8, 2019

Arnie

If you come to my house and look really close, you will see him.  He loves wrapping up in his milky-white plastic sack he uses for a blanket and he lies all sprawled out on top of our refrigerator.  I've tried to send him packing, but there is just something about him that won't let me toss him out like yesterday's garbage!

Who am I talking about you might ask?  I'm talking about Arnie, my pumpkin spice donut.  I got the name Arnie from a book that is in our library...Arnie the Doughnut!  I like the silly name Arnie and I love donuts and so it transpired from there!

Arnie came to live with us over Thanksgiving 2017.  I believe Arnie has the same disease as Bob Costas because Bob never ages and neither does Arnie!  I bought Arnie at the Quick Trip (QT) out by Wichita, Kansas and was too full to eat him on my drive home so I stuck him in my car console for safekeeping.  Arnie actually rode around in my car for a couple of weeks before I remembered him.  He stowed away in the tiny plastic container jammed with extra napkins, gloves, and music CDs from the '80s.  I suppose Arnie felt as if he were Harry Potter living in the cupboard under the stairs with the Dursley's at 4 Privot Drive.  Poor Arnie! 

I have now given Arnie a comfortable place to stay, warmth in the winter and coolness in the summer.  The Fiestaware dessert plate as his bed has provided him with pure cushy-coziness helping him to keep his donuty form.  What more could a donut ask for?

It is March 8, 2019, and Arnie is now a year and three months old and still looks the same as the day I purchased him.  He isn't even rock hard nor is his frosting breaking off.  I wonder just how many preservatives are in him?  Or, did they use embalming fluid as the preservatives?  I must now go to the "Googles" and look up the ingredients for embalming fluid and the ingredients used for preservatives and make a comparison...I'm kind of scared, but until then, I will continue eating those warm and fresh and tasty donuts!


1 comment: