Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Livin' la Vida Loca

It isn't every day that a girl lives a crazy life, but today was one of those days!  I got up early to clean the house, run some errands, and get ready for my trip to Warrensburg, Missouri.  My daughter, Hannah, called and told me to get ready they were a few miles down the road and we were going to breakfast.  I got around and within a few minutes, here they came.  I hopped into the back seat with Beau and away we went to Jimmy's Egg.  He had on the cutest Batman pants with a matching shirt and he held out his little hand for me to hold when I got in the car.  My heart was so happy as I sat there with our little man.  I washed down my french toast with some coffee and felt they were being a little weird.  As we were heading back to our house, Nick turned right instead of left.  I asked where we were going and got no answer, but we eventually pulled into the doctor's office so I asked if something was wrong.  I figured Hannah had a UTI or something.  Nothing was wrong but was told that Beau had something to show me.  Nick got Beau out of his car seat, he unzipped his jacket and had me read his shirt.  It said, "This Superhero is going to be a Big Brother."  I was quite shocked and happy but really wanted Hannah to finish school before expanding their little family.  She could tell I wasn't extremely excited, but I really am, I'm just a lame person to surprise!!  We all went into the doctor and he was so thrilled to see all of us, especially Beau.  Most doctors don't get to see the babies they deliver, but Beau made sure to give Dr. Seals the "mean muggins" look!  We plan to see our new little bundle around the first week of November.

After getting the surprise of my current life, we headed to Kansas City to the Jacob L. Loose Park so Hannah and Nick could get their engagement pictures taken.  We had a wonderful time and the park was beautiful.  Lots of trees, bridges, ponds, arches, stone buildings, benches, and so many people exercising and about 35,000 dogs being walked by their owners.  I pushed Beau around in the stroller as the photographer took pictures.  One of the backgrounds he chose was a ton of Pine trees in the middle of the park.  What we didn't know was the community of hippies in the middle of the community of Pine trees smoking marijuana and having a grand ol' time lying in their hammocks!  We left that area and headed over to the other side of the park where there were bridges and ponds.  The photographer finished up and even took some pictures of me and Beau looking at the ducks and geese.  We said our goodbyes and I headed to Warrensburg. 

I arrived in the old college town and grabbed some Chipotle, checked into my hotel, ate my supper, took a bubble bath, and sacked out in my bed all by myself!  I got to watch whatever I wanted on the television, set the room control on a nice 74 degrees because that's what I like, I stayed up late, and tried to write this blog but failed miserably.  I could not focus as I had the channel on Family Guy.  There wasn't anything on so I stopped surfing when I came to Family Guy.  I noticed Rick and Morty was up next and I've watched that with my son, Joe.  I never realized how funny but really crude the Family Guy is.  I laughed to myself at Quagmire and Brian, Peter and Lois.  I then realized as I sat there and laughed, I've never stayed in a hotel all by myself.  I've always had someone with me so that was a revolution all in itself!  Talking about one crazy day!  Finding out I'm going to be a grandma again, discovering pot smokers in the park, and enjoying my own company in a hotel room!!  I'm definitely livin' la vida loca!











means doing wild and crazy things that make you cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment