Tuesday, March 12, 2019

March Madness

March Madness is right around the corner.  Who else is excited to fill out a bracket or two and watch 68 teams battle it out for the NCAA National Basketball Championship?

How do you go about filling out a bracket?  Are you one that studies all the statistics and chooses your teams in that manner or are you one that pays attention to the "flappers" or analysts and fills in their brackets according to the sports gospel?  What about watching YouTube, listening to a PodCast or even purchases a book titled How To Fill Out A Bracket For Dummies?  Some people even choose their bracket according to how the President of the United States chooses his!  I don't know about you, but I'm going to stick to the way I go about filling out my bracket.

I'm one that fills in my bracket in a more non-traditional way in that I choose my teams by their cool coach, or their colorful and striking uniforms, or the way their school name rolls off my tongue like Loyola or Gonzaga or Villanova.  I like to say those names over and over along with many other teams that sound unique.  I have several times chosen the Cinderella team, especially when Wichita State did so well a few years back and I have chosen teams with players I liked from the previous season or even teams with an awesome mascot.  I am also so nerdy that I find out what channels each team plays on and what time and jot that down on my bracket.  One never knows with me, but I do have fun making one or two or eight brackets.

Good luck on your bracket or brackets and if you've never filled one out before, look out, it can be addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment